Mix together the butter and herbs in a medium bowl. Turn out onto parchment or plastic wrap, and roll into a log, 1 1/2-2″ in diameter. Chill until firm, or freeze for up to one month.
- 1 lb unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
Spread strawberries over bottom of greased 8 or 9″ square baking pan. Combine flour, baking powder, and sugar in a bowl. Add egg, mix with fork until crumbly. Spread over berries. Dot with small pieces of butter or margarine. Bake at 375°F for 45-50 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
- 4 c fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 c sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 c butter or margarine
Combine ingredients and mix. Chill until ready to serve. Serve with assorted sliced fresh fruit, like strawberries, grapes, kiwi or pineapple.
- 2 c Whipped Topping
- 1 c lowfat strawberry yogurt
- 1/2 c fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp grated orange peel
Place lettuce, strawberries, pecans and radish in a bowl. Combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Toss dressing into salad just before serving.
- 6 cups spring mix
- 1 pt strawberries, sliced
- 4 red radish, sliced
- 1/2 c pecan halves or pieces
- 1 c mayonnaise
- 1/4 c vinegar
- 2/3 c sugar
- 1/2 c milk
- 2 Tbsp poppy seed
Cut top quarter off each tomato and set tops aside. Scoop out pulp. Drain upside down on a paper towel to dry. Combine cream cheese and shrimp and mix thoroughly. Stuff each tomato with cream cheese mixture. Put tomato tops backs on if desired.
- 60 cherry tomatoes
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz canned shrimp, drained
Cut the top off the squash and remove seeds. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix. Stuff into squash and replace top. Fold the stuffing that won’t fit into the squash in a piece of foil. Place stuffed squash into a baking dish and bake at 375°F for 1 hour. Put the leftover stuffing in the oven for the last 20 minutes of baking.
- 1 pan-shaped squash
- 3/4 c fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 c sweet onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp chipotle hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp garlic
- 1 tsp chile powder
- 3 Tbsp marsala wine
Heat oil in a wok or large heavy skillet. Add chicken, garlic and oyster sauce, and stir-fry for 10 minutes. Add veggies and stir-fry for 6 to 8 minutes. In a small bowl, mix together water, soy sauce and cornstarch. Stir into vegetables, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until sauce is thickened.
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into cubes)
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 cup napa cabbage (sliced)
- 1 cup green bell and 1 cup red pepper (sliced)
- 1 cup carrots (sliced)
- 1 cup green onions (chopped)
- 1 cup bean sprouts (fresh)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
Preheat the oven to 400° F. Boil, drain and peel the potatoes. Pass them through a sieve and put the puree in a bowl. Scald the zucchini and pass them through a sieve or mash with a fork. Add them to the potatoes, along with the egg, grated cheeses and oil. Season with marjoram, salt and pepper. Add garlic if desired. Mix thoroughly
and stuff the flowers. Fry the flowers in boiling oil, then drain them, put them in a baking dish and bake in a 400° F. oven for 10 minutes before serving.
- 10 squash blossoms
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 zucchini
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and Grana Padano
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic, chopped (optional)
Mix cream cheese, yogurt, honey and almond extract at low speed until smooth. Pour into a small bowl. Arrange dip and fruit on a chilled platter to serve. Excellent with chocolate, pineapple and peaches too.
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 c plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 4 c bite-size fruit; melon chunks, berries, grapes, kiwi slice, etc.
Slice tops off peppers and remove seeds. Wrap a slice of prosciutto around a cheese cube, and stuff into a pepper. Repeat with remaining peppers. Place stuffed peppers into a 1 quart jar and sprinkle with salt. Pour in enough olive oil to cover the peppers. Cover and allow to sit for 1 hour before eating.
- 12 fresh cherry peppers
- 6 oz sharp provolone cheese, cubed
- 6 oz prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1 c extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt