Place tomatoes, cucumber and green onions in a medium bowl; toss gently. Combine balsamic vinegar, sugar, olive oil, pepper, and salt in a small bowl and stir with a whisk. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad; toss gently to coat.
- 2 c grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 c cucumber, chopped
- 2 Tbsp green onions, chopped
- 1/4 c balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
Combine all ingredients in a heavy medium saucepan, Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often.
Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture has consistency of thick jam, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning, then cool and refrigerate until ready to use; this will keep at least a week. Delicious on burgers, chicken, cheese or eggs!
- 1 1/2 lbs. ripe tomatoes cored and coarsely chopped (do NOT peel or remove seeds)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh grated or minced ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 jalapeño or other pepper, stemmed, seeded and minced, or red pepper flakes or cayenne to taste
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl combine oil, lemon, salt, garlic, pepper and oregano. Mix well. Dip chicken pieces in dressing and place in a shallow pan, skin side down. Add 1 cup of water to remaining dressing, pour over chicken. Bake uncovered for 1 hour, or until juice runs clear, basting often. Turn chicken after 25 minutes to brown both sides.
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- Juice of two lemons
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 c water
- 3 lb fryer chicken, cut in quarters
Melt butter in a large pot on medium heat. Add cabbage, sauté until slightly wilted, about 5 minutes. Add sugar, toss to coat cabbage evenly. Add vinegar. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Simmer until cabbage is tender, stirring often, about 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 1 2lb red cabbage, sliced thin (about 12 c)
- 1/4 c butter
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 2/3 c balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Add the leek, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and a pinch of pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
Add the broth, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and measured pepper and bring to a boil. Add the peas and bring to a boil again. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until the peas are tender, about 5 minutes.
Continue reading Green Pea and Mint Soup
Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a saute pan over high heat. Add the onions and bacon and cook until the bacon is crispy.To the same pan add the balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and stir to combine. Remove from heat and set aside.
Brush the romaine lettuce with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, place on the grill cut side down, and quickly sear.
Serve the lettuce, cut side up, and drizzle the balsamic dressing over the lettuce. Sprinkle with blue cheese and garnish with cracked black pepper.
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 heads romaine lettuce, cut in 1/2 lengthwise
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
Scoop out cantaloupe with melon baller and place balls in a bowl. You should have about 2 cups. Pour any cantaloupe juice in to the bowl. Peel kiwi, cut crosswise into thin slices, then quarter the slices. Add to bowl. Hull and slice enough strawberries lengthwise to make 1 cup and place in the bowl. Add raspberries/blackberries. Sprinkle fruit with chopped mint leaves and drizzle with orange juice. Toss gently.
Refrigerate, covered for 1/2 hour. Divide salad among 4 bowls. Garnish each with a whole strawberry and a sprig of mint.
- 1/2 medium cantaloupe
- 2 Kiwi
- 1/2 pt fresh raspberries, blueberries and/ or blackberries
- 1 pt strawberries
- 3 Tbsp fresh mint; chopped
- 4 whole mint sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 c fresh squeezed orange juice
Blend all in a blender till smooth and frothy.
- 1 cup yogurt (lime, lemon)
- 1/2 cup chopped lychees
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 6 ice cubes
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom (fine powder)